- Androids are required to be able to be clearly identified as such and visually distinguished from humans. This rule must be followed in public spaces, whereas in private residences androids can be dressed freely. This android identification includes:
- Bearing a LED on their right temple.
- Wearing a neon blue armband on their upper right arm.
- Neon blue triangles on the front and back and their model number(s) on their clothing or uniform.
- P.L. 544-7 American Androids Act - 2029: Androids are strictly forbidden from carrying or using any type of weapon.
This information is first uncovered during "The Hostage" chapter, when Connor reaches under the dining room table to retrieve Antony Deckart's service weapon. The player has the option to leave the weapon, thus adhering to protocol, or to take it.
- For the android uniform and style of dress, see also Android#Uniform.